Dr. Edward Lorents at Dental Arts Center in Oklahoma City, OK, provides a wide range of services that help his patients achieve the brightest smile possible. These include porcelain veneers, tooth-colored crowns and dental implants, and smile makeovers. Another popular and effective smile-enhancing treatment that Dr. Lorents offers is Six Month Smiles® Orthodontics.
Patients Have Choices
They provide the best possible chewing function, and—because crooked teeth are more difficult to keep clean—straight teeth are less likely to develop cavities and periodontal (gum) disease. There are different orthodontic systems currently available for straightening teeth. Dr. Lorents offers these options to his patients, so they can choose for themselves the treatment that best fits their individual needs and preferences. Though these techniques differ from one another, all accomplish the same goal by helping patients brighten their smiles:
- Conventional Metal Braces – These are an excellent choice if aesthetics is not a major concern, or in cases of severe misalignment.
- Clear Ceramic Braces – Some patients opt for these because they are more cosmetic. They will effectively straighten teeth but are slightly more susceptible to breaking and staining.
- Aligners – Another possible choice for straightening teeth is The Clear Correct® or The Clear Correct® Teen clear aligners. These clear plastic trays are worn directly over the teeth and slowly straighten them. These also effectively move teeth and are quite aesthetic, but some complex cases require a more conventional approach.
Why Six Month Smiles®?
Six Month Smiles® is an innovative orthodontic system that combines the advantages of other systems to achieve fast and effective tooth movement. This system uses self-ligation technology to make so-called "tieless" braces possible. This allows patients to have greater comfort and look good while developing an even more sparkling smile. There are several advantages toSix Month Smiles®.
- Invisible – These braces are virtually invisible, and they have no metal parts, elastics, or wires. Thus, they are highly aesthetic.
- Efficient – Six Month Smiles® braces can be used for almost anyone, and they work quickly to straighten teeth. Some studies have shown that they can save as much as six months off the treatment time required for conventional braces.
- Fewer Adjustments – The Six Month Smiles® tieless braces do not require periodic tightening, like conventional braces, so fewer adjustment appointments are needed.
- Comfortable – Because there are no elastic or wire ties, these braces cause less friction on the lips and tongue rubbing over them.
- Fewer Speech Problems – Patients generally find that these tieless braces affect their speech less than conventional braces.
- Easier to Keep Clean – Six Month Smiles® tieless braces have been found to attract fewer bacteria and less dental plaque, so they are easier to keep clean. This contributes to better gum health while they are being worn.
Call Dental Arts Center for a Consultation
Six Month Smiles® Orthodontics creates brighter smiles. Those interested in learning more about it, or any of the other cosmetic services Dr. Lorents offers, are encouraged to give his office a call. The number is (405) 769-3373 or patients can send a message to his team online.