BOTOX® is a non-invasive treatment with a diverse range of applications. At Sculpted Medical Spa & Cryotherapy Center, Evelyn Lorents, MD, can use the injections to treat serious health concerns, such as TMJ disorder and migraines. She can also administer BOTOX® to address cosmetic imperfections, such as wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet. In both medical and cosmetic applications, the injections will block nerve signals. Thus, BOTOX® can reduce tension and habitual movements in the treatment area. BOTOX® is safe and effective, especially at our Oklahoma City, OK, practice, under the care of Dr. Lorents. She can administer the injections in a way that will maintain most of your normal facial movements and ensure subtle results.
Am I a BOTOX® Candidate ?
BOTOX® Cosmetic can address minor to moderate signs of aging in the upper region of the face. Therefore, if you want to reduce horizontal creases in your forehead, frown lines, or crow’s feet, you may be a good candidate for treatment.
You could also benefit from medical BOTOX® if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
- Eyelid spasms
- Headaches or migraines
- TMJ Disorder (TMD)
- Cervical dystonia (unusual neck position, resulting in chronic muscle fatigue and inflammation)
To qualify for either type of BOTOX®, you should not have any active skin conditions or an allergy to any of the ingredients contained in the injections.
What Can I Expect?
Dr. Lorents will administer BOTOX® injections at several carefully determined points under your skin. The botulinum toxin in the medication will stop nerve stimuli to the treatment area, reducing certain muscle movements. Thus, BOTOX® can reduce wrinkles by preventing the habitual motions that crease your skin.
BOTOX® is a diverse treatment, serving as a remedy to many issues.
It can also relax overactive muscles where tension leads to chronic pain and spasms. Typically, you will begin to notice results within 48 hours. The effects of BOTOX® will typically begin to wear off within four months. Dr. Lorents can easily administer affordable touch-ups if desired.
Benefits of BOTOX®
There are many reasons to consider BOTOX®:
- Non-invasive: The injections are an effective way to reduce signs of aging without extensive surgery. Very little discomfort is experienced; you will typically feel only a mild pinching sensation during treatment. You may have minor swelling and bruising after treatment, but these usually subside quickly.
- Safe: BOTOX® poses very few risks, especially given Dr. Lorents’ precision. Since it is non-invasive, there will be no subsequent scarring.
- Enhanced appearance: By easing the signs of aging, BOTOX® can help you look years younger.
- Improved quality of life: With a more youthful appearance, you could enjoy a greater sense of confidence. If you receive the treatment for medical reasons, you may find that you are pain-free for the first time in years.
Schedule Your Consultation
BOTOX® is a diverse treatment, serving as a remedy to many issues. To find out if BOTOX® is a good solution for you, contact our office today to schedule your personal consultation.