Gravity and the passing of time can cause your facial features to sag, resulting in a tired, aged appearance. Dermal fillers and injectable treatments offer a non-surgical means of achieving rejuvenation. Dental Arts Center in Oklahoma City, OK, is also home to the Sculpted Medical Spa. If you are looking for a way to enhance your appearance and create a younger, more vibrant look, dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and injectables such as BOTOX® Cosmetic can help you achieve that goal without the need for surgery.
All about Dermal Fillers
There are several types of dermal fillers made from a variety of substances. During a consultation at our practice, Dr. Lorents can determine your options based on your specific goals. The areas of concern will be evaluated, and the chosen dermal filler will be injected into the skin to add volume. By doing so, crevices, lines, and wrinkles can become less apparent. Fillers can also be used to enhance facial contours, diminish scarring, and enhance the curvature of the lips.
Virtually anyone who wishes to reduce signs of aging that develop due to a loss of youthful skin volume is a candidate for dermal fillers. In general, patients should be in good overall health and should have realistic expectations for treatment.The best candidates are non-smokers who are committed to maintaining a proper skin care regimen. Dermal fillers can:
- Plump thin lips
- Fill fine lines around the mouth
- Lift the cheeks and add volume to the face
- Minimize creases that develop around the nose, mouth, and chin
Fillers and Injectables We Offer
Depending on the specific goals of our patients, we offer several different dermal fillers at our practice:
- JUVÉDERM: Made from hyaluronic acid, JUVÉDERM offers instant results and lasts for approximately six months. Most often used to reduce the nasolabial folds and marionette lines, JUVÉDERM is an excellent option for many of our patients.
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX Cosmetic contains botulinum toxin, which relaxes muscles around the eyes and in the brow to reduce wrinkles such as crows' feet. Patients can undergo touch-up sessions every three to six months to maintain their results.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® and VOLURE®: VOLUMA was the first gel approved by the FDA for adding volume around the cheeks. Patients who choose this treatment can lift the cheekbones and fill hollowed cheeks for a more youthful appearance. Most patients find the results last approximately two years before another session is needed. VOLURE can treat deep wrinkles such as nasolabial folds.
- KYBELLA®: KYBELLA is an injectable treatment containing deoxycholic acid. KYBELLA is FDA-approved to target pockets of fat under the chin. This treatment is an excellent option for patients who feel the excess fat in this area makes them appear heavier or older. Most patients will require one to three sessions for the desired results. Once the desired outcome is achieved, further treatments are not generally necessary.
Learn More about Dermal Fillers
If you are self-conscious about the effects of aging, but do not feel ready for surgery, dermal fillers and other injectable treatments may be right for you. To find out if you are a candidate, schedule a consultation at our practice. You can contact us online anytime or call us at (405) 259-9127.