If you have crowded, crooked, or misaligned teeth, you would most likely benefit from ClearCorrect™ treatment at our Oklahoma City, OK, practice. This orthodontic option uses clear, removable aligner trays to straighten teeth. Therefore, it is far more subtle and comfortable than traditional braces. Edward Lorents, DMD, will determine your candidacy for ClearCorrect™ during a comprehensive evaluation at Dental Arts Center, and will carefully monitor your progress to ensure the best possible results. At the end of the treatment period, patients can enjoy a more attractive smile, as well as improved oral health and a decreased risk for future dental issues.
Are You a Candidate?
ClearCorrect™ can address a wide array of orthodontic issues. These include:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Gaps in your smile
- An overbite, including a deep overbite
- An underbite
- Turned or tipped teeth
- A crossbite
- An open bite
If you are struggling with any of these issues, Dr. Lorents will evaluate their severity. ClearCorrect™ can be very effective. However, if you have serious alignment issues, you may need to consult with an orthodontist regarding traditional braces.
How Does it Work?
If it is determined that ClearCorrect™ is the right option for you, Dr. Lorents will take digital images of your teeth. These images will result in virtual impressions, which he will use to design your aligners. As he manipulates the images, he will ensure that each tray has a slightly different shape.
ClearCorrect™ can dramatically improve your appearance, and your straighter teeth will help prevent future oral health issues, such as tooth decay and TMJ disorder.
The small variations will put a light pressure on your teeth as you progress through the series. The ClearCorrect™ lab will fabricate your aligners according to these plans. Typically, you will wear each tray for two weeks. To ensure the best possible results, you should only take the trays out to eat and clean, leaving them in about 22 hours each day.
The number of aligners you receive will depend on the severity of your misalignment and your particular orthodontic needs. Once your treatment is complete, you will most likely need to wear a retainer to maintain the results.
Benefits of ClearCorrect™
There are a number of reasons to consider ClearCorrect™ innovation:
- Subtlety: Made of transparent plastic, ClearCorrect™aligners will be almost invisible, even when others are very close.
- Comfort: ClearCorrect™ applies less pressure on teeth than traditional braces. In addition, the smooth outer surface of the trays will not irritate the inside of your mouth.
- Affordability: The price of ClearCorrect™ is typically comparable to the cost of braces. Sometimes, it may cost less since minor cases can be completed in just a few months.
- Convenience: Since you can remove the aligners before you eat, you will not have to change your diet. You can also brush your teeth more thoroughly, which can help reduce your risk for decay.
Of course, as with all orthodontic care, ClearCorrect™ can dramatically improve your appearance, especially when included in a smile makeover. Perhaps even more importantly, your straighter teeth will help prevent future oral health issues, such as tooth decay and TMJ disorder.